Face scrubs or peels for the body have only one goal: to help you to make new skin! Nothing like it for eliminate dead cellsto stimulate the growth of new cells and to help the skin regain its radiance. Regularly performed, they refine and purify the epidermis, while brightening the complexion. Think of them also to prepare the skin to receive a mask or another care. Among the following 12 recipes, there is inevitably a natural scrub that suits you!
An exfoliant, yes, but rather a natural scrub
There is a huge variety, and all skin types can find their happiness. Let’s start with some basicswith this first suggestion for a scrub, easy to do all year round, for oily, combination or dry skin.
Natural face scrub with sea salt
- Apply a teaspoon of sea salt on the wet skin of your face.
- Massage lightly, using wet fingertips.
- Leave on for 10 minutes.
- Rinse thoroughly.
The sea salt promotes the elimination of anything that could clog the pores of the skin, including excess sebum, while preventing small infections.
If your skin needs more gentleness…
Depending on your skin type or the season, you can opt for sugar and honey instead.
Natural sugar scrub for dry skin
- Mix 2 tablespoons of sugar coarsely ground sugar and 3 tablespoons of warm water.
- Apply this preparation to the face, then massage gently, insisting on the forehead, nose and chin, but carefully avoiding the area around the eyes.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, then apply a homemade moisturizing face mask or a moisturizing oil: those of apricot kernel or jojoba for example are quite indicated.
Just as simple, a little treat, especially during the cold season…
Face scrub for winter
- If you have a honey thick, even grainy, at home… enjoy!
- Apply a little to the face and, with your fingertips, make small circular movements, insisting on the “T” area, forehead, wings of the nose and chin, avoiding absolutely the eye area.
- Rinse thoroughly and apply a floral lotion.
As for the dry and sensitive skinDespite their fragility, they too need regular care to eliminate dead cells. There is only one condition: the greatest gentleness is required!
Another good formula for exfoliating while moisturizing the skin ? Mix coffee grounds with olive oil, known for its nourishing properties!
Flaxseed also lends itself particularly well to this treatment in an express version:
Natural scrub and moisturizer 2 in 1
- Crush a tablespoon of flax seeds.
- Mix them with a tablespoon of your usual cleansing milk.
- Apply this mixture to your cleansed and moistened face and neck.
- Gently massage in small circles for a few minutes.
- Rinse generously afterwards.
Warning: if you tend to have acne, avoid this form of scrubbing, as the circular massage movements will stimulate the sebaceous glands, which will spread even more sebum. Which is not at all the goal…
Scrub, instructions for use
In order to offer you the best benefits, scrubs must be applied to clean skin, free of all impurities, in short, perfectly clean skin.
Then, how often should you apply them?
- Once or twice a week on oily skin.
- about once a week for normal skin
- Once or twice a month for dry or sensitive skin. In case of rosacea, refrain from using masks.
And for him?
Theoretically the same! Practice has shown, however, that our men prefer express scrubs, with salt, coffee, or at the very least, with honey…
Natural scrub: plants and fruits friends of the body
Done regularly and gently, a scrub with selected plant substances helps to regenerate the skin while respecting its sensitivity.
It slightly dilates the pores, rids the skin of any waste products that may have accumulated, while stimulating the irrigation of the subcutaneous tissues.
In addition to its purifying, anti-inflammatory and healing action, the plants, often used in the form ofessential oilThe essential oils in this product help to provide you with the exact care your skin needs.
This variant of the flaxseed scrub, transformed here into a real treatment, is well suited to all skin types.
Gentle scrub and care with flax seeds
- Pour 2 tablespoons of warm water over 3 tablespoons of ground flaxseed, and wait 5 minutes: the seeds will swell.
- Add a tablespoon of olive oil, and 3 drops essential oil of lavender officinale.
- Mix well, so as to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Apply to face, leave on for 5 minutes, then erase with fingertips, making small circles in place.
- Rinse with warm water, and spray with floral lotion.
L’essential oil of lavender refines the texture of normal skin.Organic lavender essential oil
True lavender essential oil is reputed according to published works to be calming and sedative, perfect for small everyday hurts and for skin problems such as acne
An idea for a natural scrub to purify combination skin and energize dull skin
- Mix in a container 2 tablespoons of wheat bran, 1 plain yogurtand 1 teaspoon of sea salt.
- Add 2 drops of lemon oil.
- Knead well to obtain a homogeneous paste.
- Apply to face, and erase with fingertips, turning clockwise.
- Focus on forehead, top of nose and chin.
- Rinse with cold water and finish by applying floral water.
- Repeat this scrub once a week!
The essence of lemon has, among many other virtues, those of being antibacterial, antiviral, antiseptic and anti-infectious. Healing, it helps to maintain the skin.
Organic Lemon essential oil
Attention Don’t go out in the sun after applying lemon oil to your skin: it is photosensitizing and may cause ugly spots on your skin!
The essential oil or essence of Lemon is in fact an extract from the peel and not from steam distillation.
Digestive when taken on a sugar or a little olive oil, antiseptic (of the air) when diffused, tonic for the mood, anti-infectious and good preservative of cosmetics, depurative and ally slimming …
Refreshing oily skin…
Cucumber is a classic. It is used in the composition of many purifying skin care products. Here is one of many:
- Blend half a cucumber in a blender. cucumber peeled and seeded, 2 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 tablespoon of oatmeal.
- Add 2 more drops ofessential oil of lavender.
- Mix well, apply with a light massage to the forehead, nose and chin, and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Based on the previous suggestions, you can also prepare scrubs by mixing sugar and lavender flowers, or for example by adding a little dried mint to your cleansing milk.
Natural scrub, special for fragile skin
Perfect for deep cleansing of very fragile skin, without exposing it to inflammatory reactions, the marigold or calendula peeling mask is one of the most widely used plants in cosmetics.
- Mix a tablespoon of marigold flowers dried to a tablespoon of gentle cleansing milk.
- Spread this calendula milk on your face still a little wet, leave on for 5 minutes, then massage gently with your fingertips, making small circles.
- Remove the rest of the mask with lukewarm water, finish with a lotion and then a care cream.
In the XIIe century, Saint Hildegard already praised the many merits of the concern or Calendula officinalis ! Externally, its anti-inflammatory and antiseptic properties make it a great friend of the skin, both to promote the healing of wounds and to soothe burns, sunburn, rashes and irritated skin.
Natural scrub recipe to gently clean very sensitive skin
- Mix two tablespoons of wheat semolina with the equivalent of one and a half tablespoons of warm water.
- Let it swell for 5 minutes, then add 1 tablespoon ofoil of St. John’s wort. Antiseptic, anti-inflammatory and healing, this oil stimulates the healing of small inflammations and the renewal of skin cells.
- Without ceasing to stir, add another 3 drops ofessential oil of sandalwood. Also anti-inflammatory and healing, this essential oil is particularly well suited to the care of sensitive skin.
- Apply this paste while still warm to your damp face, massage gently with your fingertips in small circular movements for a few minutes, and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
- Rinse your face with a floral lotion, then apply your skin care cream.
A scrub for sensitive skin
Here is another very tasty scrub, particularly suitable for delicate skin:
- Pass the flesh of a mango in a blender, then add 2 tablespoons of honey and a handful of coarse salt.
- Mix everything well, apply to your skin and make small circular movements.
- Then remove the excess with a gentle lotion.
Finally, a scrub that you can do without worrying about the sensitivity of your skin! The mango is suitable even for the driest and most damaged, while the honeyhoney, antiseptic and healing, is rich in substances that heal the skin, while firming it and strengthening its elasticity.
Recipe for a natural nourishing scrub
A top priority for dry, fragile skin: exfoliate, yes, but also nourish.
- Place the flesh of a avocadoone tablespoon of oatmeala tablespoon of honey, preferably acacia, and 2 drops ofessential oil of neroli.
- Mix well.
- Then apply by lightly massaging into the mid-face lines and leave on for 15 minutes.
- Remove the mask and rinse thoroughly with warm water.
Oatmeal has a slightly exfoliating effect, which is why it is often popular in scrubs.Neroli Essential Oil 100% organic
Orange blossom, called neroli, is a pretty white or pale pink flower picked from the sour orange tree (or bitter orange tree – citrus aurantium), a small shrub native to India and introduced around the Mediterranean during the Crusades.
Natural scrubs: the body too!
Just like the face, the body deserves to be regularly rid of its dead cells and other impurities. A scrub, carried out in principle once a week, or at least twice a month, stimulates cell renewal while restoring or preserving the skin’s firmness.
The simplest, with almost nothing:
- Apply a little sea salt on your wet skin and massage gently in small circles.
- Rinse thoroughly with lukewarm water, and then follow with your morning shower.
- To both soften and scent the skin, add a little dried lavender.
An excellent variation is to perform a body peel with sea salt always and olive oil: the first erases impuritieswhile the second protects and moisturizes the skin during this time.
Do you find salt a little too abrasive? Here is a variation developed by a lady with sensitive skin…
Gentle Body Scrub
- In a bowl, mix 1 heaping tablespoon of coarsely ground sugar, 1 to 2 tablespoons of vegetable oil (apricot kernel or sweet almond) and half a tablespoon of honey.
- Add another 3 drops ofessential oil of verbena lemongrassand mix well to form a paste.
- Scrub while showering, focusing on knees, elbows and heels, and rinse with warm water.
L’essential oil of verbena lemongrass (Aloysia citrodora) has, among other things, anti-inflammatory qualities.Organic Apricot Kernel Oil
Organic Apricot Kernel vegetable oil is regenerating and softening, recommended in works for all skin types.
A must in the Slow Cosmetic bathroom.
To remove dead cells and impurities without brutalizing sensitive areas, the breasts In particular, opt for an even gentler scrub, for example with almond :
Very gentle natural scrub for sensitive areas and skin
- Mix 2 tablespoons of almond powder2 to 3 tablespoons of plain yogurt and 1 teaspoon of creamy honey.
- Apply it to damp skin, and massage in circular motions, moving well up to under the chin, but carefully avoiding the nipple.
- Rinse with lukewarm water, and finish with very cool water.
- And of course… moisturize generously afterwards!
All these natural recipes are taken from Véronique Desarzens’ books, mainly Masks and lotions with plants