Organic beeswax is a natural product that cannot be ignored! Excellent for the skin and quick to use: here are 3 examples of homemade cosmetic recipes with beeswax.
The beeswax is a substance secreted by bees. They make the combs of their hives with it. It is a rather rare product: 10 volumes of honey are necessary to obtain one volume of wax. It is collected with the honey, at the end of the season.
Making your own cosmetics with organic beeswax
In cosmetics, beeswax has many virtues. Rich in vitamin A, it moisturizes the skin while protecting it from the sun, cold or wind. It is also soothing and healing for skin prone to problems. In case of burns or inflammation, beeswax can also be used, because it has repairing virtues. You will have understood it, the beeswax, it is the natural product to put in your cosmetics house! And, good news, beeswax can also allow you to make a candle home.
As long as you use a quality beeswax: choose preferably organic beeswax nuggets guaranteed without pesticide residues. All you have to do is follow our recipes to make your own beeswax cosmetics and why not, offer them to your loved ones for the holidays…
A moisturizing cream for the face and the body
This recipe was developed by a Greek doctor over 2,000 years ago. An ancestral recipe that can be used as well in moisturizing cream for dry skin as a make-up remover. A care suitable for the whole family!
- 1 tablespoon honey
- 8 tablespoons grated beeswax
- 200 ml sweet almond oil
- ½ cup rose water
- 2 small, clean, disinfected glass jars
Preparation of the beeswax moisturizer
- In a saucepan, first melt the beeswax and honey in the sweet almond oil over low heat.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Pour the rose water drop by drop into the pan, stirring with a whisk.
- When the small beads of liquid no longer incorporate into the mixture, stop adding rosewater.
- Continue to stir for 1 to 2 minutes so that the cream cools.
- Finally, pour the cream into the jars and let it cool before putting on the lids.
A lip balm with organic beeswax
After the recent scandal of harmful substances discovered in several lip balms, it is high time to take a few minutes to make your own lip balm homemade. A natural recipe that will leave your lips feeling soft, with 100% natural ingredients.
- 1 tablespoon wheat germ, jojoba or sweet almond oil
- 2 tablespoons coconut oil
- 1 tablespoon beeswax chips
- 1 small container with a lid, clean and disinfected
Preparation of the lip balm with beeswax
- First melt the beeswax and coconut oil in a double boiler.
- Remove from heat and add the vegetable oil.
- Stir quickly.
- Finally, pour the mixture into the container and let it cool so that it hardens.
Good to know:
By adding a second spoonful of beeswax, you will obtain a hair gel, ultra effective and free of substances harmful to health and/or the environment.
A solid perfume with organic beeswax
Make a solid perfumeYou can make your own perfume without any danger to your health by following this recipe…
- 1 teaspoon of shea butter
- 1/2 teaspoon of beeswax
- 1 teaspoon sweet almond oil
- 20 drops of essential oil of your choice
- a small glass container
Read also: 5 good reasons to choose solid cosmetics
Preparation of the solid perfume with organic beeswax
- First, melt the shea butter and beeswax in a double boiler.
- When the mixture has melted, add sweet almond oil then mix.
- Remove from heat and add essential oils of your choice.
- Mix well, then finally pour into the small glass jar.
- Keep 24 hours in the refrigerator before using.
When it comes to essential oils, anything goes: orange blossom, neroli, rose, musk, geranium… It’s up to you to find the blend that will appeal to you the most according to the ones you like. Consider looking at the composition of the perfumes you like to get an idea. There may be a few misses, but once you find the perfect blend, you’ll enjoy wearing a truly unique fragrance that respects your skin. However, be aware of the precautions for using essential oils.